How to Register with the Office of Disability Services
- Consult ODS’s documentation requirements for the disability or disabilities for which you are seeking accommodations.
- Submit documentation to ODS:
a. E-mail: email@example.com
b. Fax: (205) 348-0804
c. Mail: Office of Disability Services, Box 870185, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0185
d. Personal delivery: 1000 Houser Hall
- Documentation will be forwarded to a case manager for review. The case manager will determine if the documentation is sufficient or if more information is needed. If more documentation is required, the case manager will contact the student and specify what is needed.
- Once documentation has been received, new ODS students must meet with their assigned case manager as soon as possible. The students must call to make this appointment.
- Following the initial meeting with a case manager, students will request accommodation letters. Expect that letters will be available for pick up 2-3 business days following receipt of the request.
- Students must present letters to instructors and meet with them to discuss the accommodations in order for accommodations to be applied and be protected by Federal Disability Laws.
Students who have temporary disabilities, such as a disability acquired through an injury or surgery, can apply for short-term accommodations. More information can be found on the Temporary Disabilities page.