Early College students who wish to register with ODS for the purpose of requesting academic accommodations may do so by following the procedure below. ODS can implement accommodations for Early College students through in-person or Zoom meetings, depending upon whether the student is local to the Tuscaloosa area. Requests for accommodation from Early College students require the same level of disclosure and follow the same procedures as UA students enrolled in undergraduate programs.
- Consult the documentation requirements and submit documentation to ODS in a timely manner. In some cases, it is allowable for ODS to accept an Early College student’s IEP or 504 plan as documentation. Once you have been accepted into Early College, you may proceed with submitting your documentation.
- ODS will confirm via email that your documentation has been received, and will include instructions for scheduling an appointment with an Accommodations Specialist either in-person or via Zoom virtual meeting.
- Prior to your appointment, your Accommodations Specialist will review your documentation and notify you via email whether additional documentation is needed.
- During the scheduled meeting, be prepared to discuss the impact of your disability and the accommodations you wish to request. Relevant policies and procedures will also be reviewed.
- At the conclusion of the appointment, you will be instructed to complete and submit electronically the Release of Information and Request for Accommodation Letters. Once these completed documents are received, ODS will provide an accommodation notice to you via email.
- It is your responsibility to forward a copy of the accommodation notice to your instructor(s) and discuss the implementation of accommodations. Accommodations are not retroactive and cannot be implemented until instructors have received an accommodation notice and implementation has been discussed.
- To request accommodation notices for subsequent semesters of enrollment in Early College, you should complete the Request for Accommodation Letters form and submit via email (email@example.com) or fax (205-348-0804) approximately 1 to 2 weeks prior to the start of the academic term.
- Any questions or concerns regarding accommodations should be discussed promptly with your Accommodations Specialist, who is available via phone or email.
Students who are accepted to UA as an undergraduate student should contact their Accommodations Specialist to determine whether additional documentation or steps are required to receive accommodations for undergraduate coursework.
This information is also available in PDF format.
Please visit UA Early College for more information on course offerings.