Several avenues are available for answering student questions related to COVID-19:
- If you have questions about COVID-19 protocols on campus, have been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19, please visit www.healthinfo.ua.edu or call the COVID Hotline: 205-348-2819. Operators and nurse practitioners are available from 8:00am – 8:00pm to answer your questions.
- If you have questions regarding how your classes or academics will be impacted by COVID protocols, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and a COVID Support Staff will respond.
- If you have specific requests related to being considered a higher risk for severe illness according to the CDC, or sharing a household and/or being the primary caregiver of an at-risk individual, please continue reading below for additional information.
The Office of Disability Services is facilitating student requests for temporary adjustments due to COVID-19. Please review the COVID-19 and Disability Decision Chart (PDF).
Students may need to request adjustments due to any of the following:
- If you are 65 or older
- If your medical provider has determined that you are an individual who is considered at-risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you care for or reside with an individual who has been determined to be high risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you are pregnant
Students who need to request adjustments for Spring 2021 should review the following:
- Students may begin making requests for temporary adjustments for the Spring 2021 term on 11/9/2020 by clicking the link below.
- The request process for Spring 2021 requires documentation of CDC At-Risk criteria from a medical provider. Please provide the Medical Provider Inquiry Form to your provider, or the provider of the at-risk individual for whom you are serving as a caregiver.
- The deadline to complete requests for remote course access is January 18, 2021, two days before the drop/add deadline for the semester. Students can contact email@example.com if the deadline cannot be met due to extenuating circumstances.
- Students that are seeking remote course access should be proactive in registering for online (IN) and audio-visual (AV) courses in order to ensure that remote participation is available.