Several avenues are available for answering student questions related to COVID-19:
- If you have questions about COVID-19 protocols on campus, please visit www.healthinfo.ua.edu or call the COVID Hotline: 205-348-2819. Operators and nurse practitioners are available from 8:00am – 8:00pm to answer your questions.
- If you have questions regarding how your classes or academics will be impacted by COVID protocols, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and a COVID Support Staff will respond.
- If you have specific requests related to a positive test for COVID-19, being considered a higher risk for severe illness according to the CDC, or caring for or residing with a high risk individual, please continue reading below for additional information.
The Office of Disability Services is facilitating student requests for temporary adjustments due to COVID-19. Please review the COVID-19 and Disability Decision Chart (PDF).
Students may need to request adjustments due to any of the following:
- If you are 65 or older
- If your medical provider has determined that you are an individual who is considered high risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you care for or reside with an individual who has been determined to be high risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19
- If you are pregnant
- If you have childcare concerns
Please click to view the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information regarding people who need to take extra precautions due to COVID-19 and may be at an increased risk for severe illness.
If you need to request temporary adjustments due to COVID-19, please complete the Student COVID Request Form by clicking on the button below. You will then be contacted by COVID Support Staff.