The application for COVID-19 Adjustments for the Summer 2021 term will open beginning April 5, 2021. The application will close on May 5th, 2021.
Several avenues are available for answering student questions related to COVID-19:
- If you have questions about COVID-19 protocols on campus, have been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19, please visit www.healthinfo.ua.edu or call the COVID Hotline: 205-348-2819. Operators and nurse practitioners are available from 8:00am – 8:00pm to answer your questions.
- If you have questions regarding how your classes or academics will be impacted by COVID protocols, you may email email@example.com and a COVID Support Staff will respond.
- If you have specific requests related to being considered a higher risk for severe illness according to the CDC, or sharing a household and/or being the primary caregiver of an at-risk individual, please continue reading below for additional information.
The Office of Disability Services is facilitating student requests for temporary adjustments due to COVID-19. Please review the COVID-19 and Disability Decision Chart (PDF).
Students may need to request adjustments due to any of the following:
- If you are 65 or older
- If your medical provider has determined that you are an individual who is considered at-risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you care for or reside with an individual who has been determined to be high risk according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- If you are pregnant
Students who need to request adjustments for Summer 2021 should review the following:
- Students may begin making requests for temporary adjustments for the Summer 2021 term on 4/5/21 by clicking the link below.
- The request process for Summer 2021 requires documentation of CDC At-Risk criteria from a medical provider. Please provide the Medical Provider Inquiry Form to your provider, or the provider of the at-risk individual for whom you are serving as a caregiver.
- The deadline to complete requests for remote course access for Summer 2021 is May 5, 2021. Students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the deadline cannot be met due to extenuating circumstances.
- Students that are seeking remote course access should be proactive in registering for online (IN) and audio-visual (AV) courses in order to ensure that remote participation is available.
- There will be a separate application process for Fall 2021. Please complete the application below for Summer 2021 only and indicate Summer 2021 as the Start Term.